2. new release !
3. new members from new countries
4. using smartgroups
5. a personal note from Chantal
6. Text of the new release
*** Hermes, the French fashion house, has created a line of saris (in sheer silk at the whopping price of UK£ 1,200!), at the demand of an Indian customer, Mrs Kumar.
*** Thanks to Hermes far-reaching PR (and the need of journalists
to talk to a sari expert), Chantal Boulanger was interviewed on
BBC World, Channel East, and some other newspapers.
*** A new web site to buy saris: http://globalbengal.com/sariworld/hk.html
*** If you know or participate in an event, web site, etc.
connected with draping, please let us know. This "news"
feature is yours!
2. New release:
Dominic Brown, a professional writer, has offered to help with
the writing and rewrote the press release. It is now available
to all, so please feel free to use it! The whole text is below,
on § 6. You can print it and use it to contact your local
institutions which you think should be interested in draped clothing
Thank you very much, Dominic!
3. New members from new countries:
This month has been very quiet, but we have had new members
from new countries: Iran, Croatia and Tunisia. It is exciting
that we are now represented in these countries.
Sophia Zaguia is a research member from Tunisia. She wrote:
"I'm very interested in researching draped clothing. I'm a student in fine art and my research is about the relation between fashion and draped clothes."
Maja Mendrylla is an active member from Croatia. She wrote:
"I'm a fashion designer and right now I'm researching the sari and dhoti. I'd be glad to learn as much as possible because I'm fascinated by their elegance, simplicity and the philosophy behind them... I'm very glad to start cooperating with you all because I think that drapes are the perfection in clothing. I fell at their feet as soon as I came across them, especially the sari and the deep meaning behind it... Will be glad to work with you."
We wish the best to both and eagerly await to see Maja's creations!
4. Using smartgroups.
Thank you very much for registering with smartgroups. This
makes it easy to send the newsletter, have documents, vote, have
a calendar, etc.
I would like to point out some features you can use:
* database of web sites: click on the "database" tab and open the "web pages" folder. You can easily ad your own, using the "add record" in blue line menu. It is set up so that anyone can ad web sites, but please make sure they are related to draped clothes!
* documents: click on the "documents" tab, and open the "public" folder. At present, you have the press release and a preview of "Saris: An Indian Guide to the Indian Art of Draping". You can download them, or ad your own files if you wish files (use "add file" in the blue line menu).
* Calendar: the events are stored there. You cannot ad an event on your own. If you have an event to ad, please send details to: <email@example.com> (this way, I can also put it in the newsletter).
Also, remember that you can put your own web pages on idcw.org.uk
(we have plenty of space!), or have your own Email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have draped clothes related web pages and wish to put them in idcw.org.uk, please contact <email@example.com> . Thank you.
5. A personal note from Chantal:
I was really happy to see our first members from Iran, Tunisia
and Croatia. I hope more new countries will be added every month!
Thanks to Hermes, there was a lot of interest in draped clothes in the media. I gave many talks and interviews. There is even some talks about a BBC program -- keep your fingers crossed. I hope I'll soon have time to concentrate on our "out reach campaign".
I was also really happy to hear about Maja's work. She is our second fashion designer, after Maricela Lojero of Mexico. Maybe soon we'll have a "fashion" section in our web site!
Thank you for your help and support.
Please do not hesitate to send any question, suggestion, criticism.
If you have some links to suggest, please let us know!
If you wish to write something for the newsletter, please do so and Email it to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
6. Text of the new release
Institute of Draped Clothes